Men’s & Women’s Rugby Club since 1970
Burlington Rugby Football Club (BRFC) has a men’s side and a women’s side, both play in Division II of the New England Rugby Football Union. We aim to be competitive however we have a social and charitable aspect off the field. All are welcome.
Our members come from all walks of life and from many economic backgrounds. We strive to bring Rugby to the community through hosting youth skills competitions and workshops, by coaching local-area teams, and by hosting certification events.
Burlington Rugby is part of the New England Rugby Football Union (NERFU) Division 2 where we travel across New England and beyond to play the game we love. A few recent stops:
- Newport Rhode Island for the annual NERFU Cup tournament
- Saranac Lake & Lake Placid NY for Can-Am Rugby Tournament
- Four Leaf 15s Tournament in New York City
In the News
Burlington Rugby routinely appears in the news for success in games and tournaments, as well as charitable work.
- “Congrats to the Burlington Men – 2015 CanAms Social Champions!” Click to watch the WCAX Story on the victory
- Check out the VPR Commentary “On Playing Rugby”!
- VPR Story on Burlington Women Heading to Nationals (2011)
- Seven Days article on the Burly Girls (2011)